Dan White Jr coaches missional church planters from all over the country through a 16 month training system with the V3 Movement. Each year over one hundred leaders apply to participate in the coaching journey co-crafted by Dan White Jr and JR Woodward (author of Creating a Missional Culture). Together we use a system of Formational Learning that seeks to ignite and stir the Mind (Meta-Learning) the Soul (Reflective-Learning) and the Body (Experiential-Learning).
Our Coaching Journey takes men and woman, black and white, young and old through 8 competencies:
- Integrated Spirituality = While is it vital to operate out of our God-given passions, gifts and strengths, this can lead to a triumphalist approach to church planting where the leaders skill set becomes the focus. Instead there should be a dynamic understanding of the spirituality of weakness, so that the Spirit of God will operate in the life of the planter, as opposed to the planter being self-reliant.
- Making Disciples= When you think about it, Jesus called us to make disciples; he never called us to “plant churches” per se. n our training, We unpack how Jesus made disciples and create concrete ways to pass on things we have learned from others so that we might multiply our life.
- Missional Theology = A significant part of our coaching deals with the “how” and entails grounded missional practices and concrete tools of being in our places. We explore how to be more imaginative in what it means to be the church as well as how to be more immersed in the context to which God has sent us.
- Ecclesial Architect = We dive deep into the sociological factors that ought to influence our approach to being the church. We look at what it means to do life together as a Jesus community, by developing a rule and rhythm of life that is simple, sticky and scalable, one that is built around communion, community and co-mission.
- Community Formation = We will contemplate the relational nature of the Trinity, and allow it to compel us into a framework of interdependence, mutual care, intimate sharing and mutual self-giving. We will coach planters through the scaffolding of forming a common life through the the shared table, the five environments, place-based community, and relational tethering.
- Missional- Incarnational Practice = In this competency, we take a deeper look at embodying and proclaiming as a sent people. We will look at ways to exegete our neighborhoods, be present in the neighborhood, collaborate with others for the common good, as well as name and engage unjust powers.
- Movement Intelligence = In Ephesians 4 we discover how Christ has given the church apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds and teachers to equip people, so that the body of Christ will be unified, mature and move outward. We will train planters in how to release people to the point that they are animated for movement.
- Polycentric Leadership = Leadership can be approached in at least three ways: hierarchical, flat or polycentric. We take a look at how polycentric leadership is healthy for the congregation and has the power to sabotage aggressive power. We will also dive into the practicalities of decision making as a team.